Founded in 1979 as a Consortium between the Politecnico di Milano and many Italian institutions and several leading public and private industrial groups, today MIP is a non-for-profit consortium limited company.
MIP and the Department of Management, Economics and Industrial Engineering together make up the School of Management of Politecnico di Milano, which is involved in all the many aspects surrounding research and education in the fields of management, economics and industrial engineering.
In 2007, the School of Management was initially accredited by EQUIS. Since first joining the Financial Times’ rankings of best European Business Schools in 2009, the School of Management received today is in the list with:
- Executive MBA
- Full-Time MBA
- Master of Science in Management Engineering
- Customised Executive Programs for business
- Open Executive Programs for managers and professionals.
In 2013, the MBA and Executive MBA programs received the prestigious international accreditation, AMBA (Association of MBAs); from 2014, the School is member of UniCON (International University Consortium for Executive Education), PRME (Principles for Responsible Management Education) and Cladea (Latin American Council of Management Schools).
The key elements of MIP:
- Programs: all the courses, such as the MBA, i-Flex and International Masters, are focusing on modern management and follow an extremely applied approach through “Learning by Doing”.
- Company Network: the masters have a strong connection to the business world. They are featured by Partner Companies such as Gucci, Amazon, Microsoft, IBM, Nielsen, Barilla, BCG, HP, etc., who are also involved in the programs.
- Areas of Expertise: MIP has strong competences amongst others in Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Big Data, Luxury Management and Supply Chain.
- Location: MIP is located in Milan, a vibrant, dynamic and cultural city. Furthermore, it is the fashion and economic capital of Italy with a rich entrepreneurial network in a wide variety of sectors.